friendly reminder that Harry Potter
- at eleven, was described by his teachers as ‘bright’
- at the same age, according to the Sorting Hat: “Not a bad mind, either. There’s talent, oh my goodness, yes” and “You could be great, you know, it’s all here in your head”
- mastered the challenging Patronus Charm at thirteen and proceeded to teach it at fifteen
- resisted the Imperius Curse at fourteen and soon learned to throw it off completely, even when cast by the incredibly powerful Voldemort
- also at fourteen, learned to cast a powerful Accio Charm
- at fifteen, was training other students
- at the same age, under extreme stress, tested as ‘exceeds expectations’ or ‘outstanding’ in every subject that required actual magic (including the dreaded Potions)
- same age, cast a briefly effective Cruciatus Curse
- at sixteen, became a star Potions student simply by following superior instructions
- at seventeen, successfully cast the Imperius Curse on his first try, and used it repeatedly
- at the same age, cast a successful Cruciatus Curse
will there ever be a movie about a fierce viking shieldmaiden who kidnaps herself a feisty stronghearted saxon man starring natalie dormer and tom hiddleston [stares off into the horizon]
Gif meme » anonymous asked: The Starks + 7 (colours abound)
modern day shakespeare adaptions that should exist
- southern gothic macbeth. the bloody, brutal themes of the play in the suffocating atmosphere of the genre. the imagery of lady macbeth’s hands dripping with blood! the witches! macbeth’s madness when he believes the swamp has actually come to life to kill him! it’s like it was made for this play
- political othello. make him secretary of defense or state. imagine a house of cards like environment. addresses issues of current racism and misogyny in politics, and Iago’s jealous/obsessive love for Othello with very clear homo-erotic undertones. like extremely explicit and how that translates in such a masculine setting to understand Iago’s intent.
- police hamlet. hamlet senior as the deputy in nyc. his mysterious death draws his son home from stanford/harvard/what-have-you. a modern day noir-like detective mystery. emphasis on ophelia’s depression and subsequent decent into madness by popping too many pills. the way the “respectful” upper-class tear themselves apart splashed all across the media.
- the tempest as lost.
- titus andronicus as a proper horror movie, set in the current war in the middle east.
- college midsummer nights dream. the fairyland is a popular night club. lots of dubstep music and drugs slipped in dark corners of the dance floor.
Sherlock Holmes. I’m a consulting detective. The only one in the world. I invented the job.
Wolves and women wed for life. You take one, that’s a marriage. The wolf is part of you from that day on, and you’re part of him. Both of you will change.
Tyrion + Kindness (requested by Anonymous)
some say the world will end in fire // some say in ice
Wildling to the bone.